handdator

Visa fullständig version : Looking for help/tennkanna

hsvbille
2007-06-18, 09:08
Hey hey, I am a german girl an I am looking for help, I found this forum at the www. While I enjoyed my first swedish holliday, I bought an old mug at a loppi in Halmstad. I would be very pleased if someone could maybe tell me, how old it is or where it is from! I could not find anything about it, so I will discribe it here: I think it is tin, with birds and flowers and butterflies on it. At the top there is a buzzard or something similar. The handle has ornaments.
At the bottom there is the following engraving:

A sort of diamond with the letters R, E, H , I and the numbers 3 and 22. Under this there is B, a crown, a sun or flower(?), S and EP.
Then comes 8005 and 5.
I made pictures but I dont know how to load it here :(

It would be great if someone could give me a hint. Thanks a lot and greetings from Hamburg, Germany!

cjf
2007-06-18, 10:14
Moved here from section "Antiknyheter", hopefully the chance of replies increases... ;)

/cjf (mod)

FBQ
2007-06-18, 14:55
It´s hard to say anything without picture, but the figure that you describe schaped like a diamond sounds like the English diamond mark that were a pattern-mark used on items made from all kind of matieral in the late 19:th and early 20:th century. Let´s see if anyone else knows how too ent
EP usually means Electrop plated. I belive what you deskribe as pewter is actually "Brittaniametall", a tin alloy, and was very common in the late 19:th century for coffee or tea pots. The decor you describe sounds like the most common one in those days.

Peter S
2007-06-18, 16:56
to add pictures:
Make a new entry (or change an existing one ("ändra")). Scroll down to the third section "Tilläggsalternativ" (extra features). Press button "hantera bifogade filer" (manage files)(Note! Be sure you allow pop-ups on this page!) You can add addresses in the white boxes, or browse for them by klicking the grey button "Bläddra..." When the file name appears in the white box, klick "Ladda upp" (Load). Add as many as you like and then close the window (stäng det här fönstret).
The pics will then follow the message when you submit it. We noticed that you managed to do that already...

Good luck!